Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Since the oldest is in school and the youngest doesn't start GCA till August 16th I've been really busy....busy keeping a 5 year old busy. Unfortunately we are home bound due to transportation complications. I've been reading ALOT of books. After reading Little Bill "A trip to the hospital." We talked about x-rays and then we made our own x-ray. I traced his hand and foot and he drew the bones in them both. We also read a book about butterflies and went through the steps of how caterpillars turn into butterflies and did a little project on the process. He enjoyed being creative with it.
He also read 3 books from the "Hook on Phonics" program. He learned about animals and where they live air, water, or land. He realized that some animals can live in two places and thought why don't we put those animals between both places. I had made this activity in reference to a Montessori activity I saw via the web. I found animal pictures from Microsoft Clip art website, printing them out and laminating them for continuous use.


No comments:

Post a Comment